Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station
- The sixth generation Airport Extreme Base Station features simultaneous dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi support. That means it transmits at both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies at the same time. So no matter which band your wireless devices use, they'll automatically connect to the best available band for the fastest possible performance.
- With three-stream 802.11ac technology, the Airport Extreme Base Station can reach data rates of up to 1.3Gbps, which is triple the 802.11n standard. 802.11ac Wi-Fi also provides double the channel bandwidth with 80MHz-wide channels providing more room for data to flow faster.
- The redesigned Airport Extreme is now taller with antennas located at the top of the device and an increased number of antennas to six, three for 2.4GHz and three for 5GHz.
- With AirPort Extreme, getting your new WiFi network up and running is quick and easy. That's because a setup assistant is built into iOS and into AirPort Utility for OS X. As soon as you plug in your AirPort Extreme and connect it to your DSL or cable modem, you can follow the simple instructions on your Mac or iOS device. The setup assistant does all the work, so you don't have to.
- The vertical design not only improves WiFi performance, it also saves you valuable desk space. At less than 4 inches square, the footprint of AirPort Extreme is 64 percent smaller than its predecessor. And to save even more space, the power supply is built in.